SUBJECT: (A) I was REFUSED a copy of the documentation that I was REQUIRED to sign, which is a VIOLATION of Privacy Laws in Ontario, and when I asked for a supervisor, NONE showed up. (B) During my limited interaction with your RN, Gabrielle and Team Lead Stephanie Fink, they were EXTREMELY RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS with an ABRASIVE AND BELLIGERENT manner. NO patient care was provided to me.
President and CEO
Mount Sinai Hospital
Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Health Complex
600 University Avenue
Toronto, ON M5G 1X5
Dear President and CEO,
1) Your website at http://www.mountsinai.on.ca/about_us PUBLICLY mentioned:” dedicated to delivering the best medicine and best patient experience. It is focused on excellence in patient and family-centred care, …. designated with Exemplary Status from Accreditation Canada and every aspect of patient care is anchored in a rigorous quality plan and monitoring of safety and quality goals. …. recently named the first hospital in Canada to receive Magnet® status for nursing excellence and patient care. ” (SIC).
2) I am addressing the email to YOU, THE CEO and President, since evidently, my earlier voice communication to you and your staff have resulted in NO tangibly appropriate actions, EXCEPT VINDICTIVE REPRISAL.
3) OBJECTIVELY LOOK AT THE FACTS. Also, look at MULTIPLE complaints against your hospital including those publicly listed on the internet, AND judge for yourself whether you ACTUALLY live up to your THEORETICALLY TOUTED “nursing excellence.
I may not be surprised if you have “cooked up” some of the ‘positive reviews’ since it is relatively easy to do so, by paying a few dollars to any high school kid for it, given that IP addresses of the “reviewer” are not listed nor required.
4) Furthermore, you keep mailing me your UNSOLICITED solicitations for donations. BEFORE EXPECTING ANY DONATIONS, YOU NEED TO BE DESERVING OF IT, AND EARN IT. “Walk the walk” [as stated on your website] INSTEAD of “talking the talk” [as EVIDENCED BY THE ACTIONS OF YOUR STAFF].
5) I checked-in with the triage receptionist at Emergency Unit at approximately 10:45pm on Wednesday18February2015,
6) I was REFUSED a copy of the documentation that I was REQUIRED to sign, which is a VIOLATION of Privacy Laws in Ontario, and when I asked for a supervisor, NONE showed up. Later, again, another “supervisor” (NAME REFUSED, i.e. NO professional accountability) REFUSED it to me.
7) I was directed to a VERBALLY ABUSIVE Nurse (apparently named Gabrielle, a Caucasian White, young, female) who was REPEATEDLY INTERRUPTING when I endeavored to answer her asked questions. She displayed NO visible name tag either (i.e. NO professional accountability) AND REFUSED to provide me her name (or ANY UNIQUE identifier either).
8) When I politely requested her to stop interrupting, she showed me her NUISANCE VALUE and VINDICTIVE REPRISAL by leaving me in my serious medical condition, UNATTENDED, and walked out, AFTER PUBLICLY YELLING at me, FALSELY alleging that I was “verbally abusive” to her.
9) NOBODY showed up for over 20 minutes.
I went and asked for a supervisor.
NO supervisor showed up either.
AGAIN, after another 20 minutes, I went and asked for a supervisor AGAIN.
AFTER another 15 minutes, a “supervisor” showed up. She REFUSED to provide the name for this OFFENSIVE nurse “Gabrielle”, and DECLINED to provide her name either.
10) I found out from another source – who wanted to remain unnamed – that RN Ms. Gabrielle was the OBNOXIOUS nurse, and the supervisor was a “Team Lead – Ms. Stephanie Fink, RN.
11) Your staff displayed NO visible name-tag, and [when asked] REFUSED to provide their name (or ANY unique identifier either) so that (EVIDENTLY) they cannot be tracked back for their BAD ATTITUDE. On a BALANCE OF PROBABILITY, I may not be surprised that I am a small sampling of the entire Visible Minority patrons.
12) It was also interesting to note that your RN staff was EXCLUSIVELY Caucasian WHITE in MULTICULTURAL Toronto.
13) EVIDENTLY, your concerned staff had NO PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY.
14) During my limited interaction with your RN, Gabrielle and Team Lead Stephanie Fink, they were EXTREMELY RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS with an ABRASIVE AND BELLIGERENT manner. NO patient care was provided to me.
Both of them were frequently interrupting when I tried answering their specific questions.
They were VERY UNCOOPERATIVE.
15) I was even REFUSED a copy of the medical report concerning my visit, to which I understand I have a LEGAL right.
16) Your nurses were inattentive and ARGUMENTATIVE, and more interested in the sound of their own voices [rather than in listening to answers to their asked questions], I essentially achieved NOTHING with the visit, except TANGIBLY Physical Torment, Mental Anguish, Pain and Suffering.
17) EVIDENTLY, my voicing a verbal complaint (in asking for a supervisor) ONLY RESULTED in furhter VINDICTIVE REPRISAL TO ME.
Otherwise, it only means that your staff give a consistently BAD attitude to visible minority customers.
mentioned – “In general, health care consumers have a right to:
Receive safe and proper care.
Have health problems and treatments explained clearly.
Participate in health care decisions.
Ask questions and express concerns.” (SIC).
YOUR STAFF VIOLATED MY above mentioned patient rights.